Saturday, August 9, 2014

30 Before 30 - A Travel Bucket List

Having turned 26 this year, the big 3-0 has been a major topic of conversation among my peers.  The general consensus has been "I haven't done X, Y, or Z yet, I'm SO not ready!" 

Well let me tell you, I am THRILLED for 30.  From what I've heard, 30 is the point where you stop caring so much what other people are doing and begin to focus on your own personal development.  While I do think I'm a little ahead of the curve here, I think that 30 is the point where I'll start to feel like an "adult."  It will also be quite nice to not be mistaken for a 13-year-old anymore.

Travel has been majorly on my mind lately.  There are so many places I want to see and so many things I want to do that I get nervous about not being able to do it all!  There are lots of things in this world worth worrying over, but this should not be one of them.  So in order to make my list a bit more manageable, I'm prioritizing the things I want to do in the next 3.5 years.

1. Have a picnic in a Parisian park.
2. Get completely lost on the streets of Venice. 
3. Spend a week in an ashram in India.
4. Watch the sun set over Oia in Santorini.  
5. Hike to Machu Picchu in Peru. 
6. Sleep (or not) on an overnight ferry in the Adriatic Sea.
7. Drive along the cliffs on the Amalfi Coast.
8. Ride in a Venitian Gondola.
9. Have afternoon tea in London.
10. Sleep in a hostel.
11. Walk the walls of the old city in Dubrovnik.
12. Explore Mont Saint Michel at night. 
13. Hike the cliffs of Cinque Terre.
14. Visit the Blue Mosque in Istanbul.
15. Spend a month living out of a suitcase.
16. Marvel at the extravagance of Versailles. 
17. Jump off a cliff in Croatia.
18. Visit ancient ruins in Athens.
19. Ride in a tiny airplane. 
20. Drink mint tea in Turkey.
21. Eat curry in India.
22. Swim in the Mediterannean sea from Santorini.
23. Visit Windsor Castle in England.
24. Walk the streets of Fitzgerald and Hemingway in Paris.
25. Go clubbing in a European capital.  (I know, who am I even?)
26. Hang out with an elephant.
27. Eat gelato in Italy.
28. Travel overseas with only a backpack.
29. Eat crepes in France.
30. Ride a gondola over Mont Blanc. 

Hey 30, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...