Wednesday, January 16, 2013

When Everything Changed

One of my 2013 resolutions was to read 40 books this year.  It's January 16 and I've just finished my first: "When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to the Present" by Gail Collins.  I've always been a fan of reading fiction, but have turned heavily to non-fiction in the past couple of years.  When a friend from work let me borrow this book, I knew I'd found a winner.


Ms. Collins thoroughly discusses the history of women in recent history.  It's amazing to think that just 50 years ago, women were virtually second class citizens here in the United States.  Things still aren't perfect but it's incredible how far we've come.  I highly recommend this book to any woman, but especially to ladies around my age who didn't grow up with the real sexism that was the norm for generations before us.  

Here's a link to the book on Amazon.  Thanks to Jean for letting me borrow her copy!

Have you read any great books lately?  Were they fiction or non-fiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...